From: <ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com<mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com>> on
behalf of "Corneliu I. Tusnea"
<corne...@acorns.com.au<mailto:corne...@acorns.com.au>>
Date: Monday, 8 February 2016 at 10:44 AM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com<mailto:ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>>
Subject: (Azure service) Logging

Hi,

How do you guys do logging in your application? And how do you search through
logs for various issues?

We have a cloud app deployed in Azure and we implemented our own logging that
logs both to disk in nice neat log files and to Azure table storage.
This works great but it's hard to do searches through the logs at times. We
generate around 1-5Gb logs of a day (and no, we can't really reduce that atm)
and store 90-120 days of logs.

What are some good ways to store & search through these logs?

I looked at getseq.net<http://getseq.net> and the associated libraries but I
don't know if I want to deploy a new server to handle just logging.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Corneliu.