Older texts don't seem to be that relevant anymore.  These days, we use far
fewer key strokes to produce something far simpler, intended to appeal to a
wider audience that seems to struggle with anything too complex.  The same
could be said for the VB6 and java texts :)

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama