Yeah, I deliberately installed the Anniversary Upgrade, but I didn't
expect it to start downloading emails that I already get on Gmail,
through Outlook Express on a WinXP kept around mostly for that
purpose, and on my phone. I didn't need yet another copy downloaded.

I have successfully turned that off, though I wasn't sure of the right
settings, seeing as I had previously barred the Windows Email app from
accessing email (in an attempt to allow calendar, which does now work,
I think).

On 15 August 2016 at 10:38, Ken Schaefer <k...@adopenstatic.com> wrote:
> If you have access to MSDN, then switch to the LTSB (long term servicing
> branch) version – it might help avoid surprises.

Mark Hurd, B.Sc.(Ma.)(Hons.)