team,

I have a .config file (not the main blah.exe.config) that needs some
special mangling at runtime.

My google fu is failing me. Provided that I'm running on a OS Window 7+,
will the above .net 4.52 call and I write to the file, do I have to
anything special to allow my program to write to the file? My code can
request 'Run as ADMIN" access for when they need to do this operation.

The issue I face is that this file belongs to a third party product but we
have to install it. The file cannot be edited at install time as this
information is only known later at run time. I'm looking for a way to not
have to manually have to (a) have to edit the security on the file in (b)
keep the file protected for any other casual access.

I'm sure this is a solved problem but I don't seem to be able to find an
answer.

regards,
Preet, in Auckland NZ