I think it would work, or at least that's my reading of the target
frameworks section of their readme:
https://github.com/Azure/azure-storage-net#target-frameworks

The relevant section in that readme

   - Netstandard1.3: Storage Client Libraries for .NET are available to
   support Netstandard application development including Xamarin/UWP
   applications.

If it doesn't work, then I would suggest adding an issue in that Github
repo detailing how/why it is not working.