I have been looking into using NLog + Logentries as a means to expose and view
what is occurring within our systems. Open to what other people are using.

Rob

From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of William Luu
Sent: Thursday, 11 May 2017 9:50 AM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: log server [OT]

Have you considered Serilog and Seq?

Serilog - https://serilog.net/

Seq - https://getseq.net/

You can use Serilog for logging to all the places you need to (so log files,
event log, etc and directly to Seq) and then view them directly in Seq.

See: https://docs.getseq.net/v3/docs/using-serilog

And https://nblumhardt.com/2014/06/durable-log-shipping-from-serilog-to-seq/

https://nblumhardt.com/2016/02/remote-level-control-in-serilog-using-seq/

On 11 May 2017 at 09:16, Greg Keogh <gfke...@gmail.com
<mailto:gfke...@gmail.com> > wrote:

can anyone recommend a log server they know and love? (theres a myriad of
options out there!)

I use Azure Tables as a logging destination. Last year I wrote a log4net
appender which buffers and delivers rows in efficient batches, and I think
there are similar public addons for other popular log frameworks. No
infrastructure or config needed, very fast, vast capacity, dirt cheap -- Greg K