Hey Preet,

Generally, Azure and JS frameworks like React and Angular is where "it" is
mostly at these days as far as general .net wed dev goes. It also depends
on location from my experience. I'm not familiar with the Auckland market
at all. In Melbourne most of the maintenance work is in mvc, very little if
any webforms, LOTS of Angular/React/whatever JS framework. Same for Sydney.
Canberra is mostly webforms and mvc from what I know (govt is usually a bit
behind), Qld and WA I am not sure about.

If you're wanting to get back into web dev I would ask you why. Not joking.
:) If your reason is because you want to update and get back into it I'd
say go hard on Javascript. If you're after money I'd say forget all that
and get into Salesforce lol. Kidding. Well not really. As I said earlier
you need to know your market too if you're wanting to be valuable
(hireable).

Cheers