I would need a very good reason to choose C++ to write a new project today,
a reason like needing to be close to the metal or needing very fine-grained
control over performance, memory usage, and other resources. So things like
writing a new OS, device drivers, high end computer games and other
graphics-intensive scenarios possibly. But for me that is never, all my
work is LOB stuff.

.Net core more than satisfies all my current (and foreseeable)
requirements, and takes care of all the internal plumbing for me. I can't
imagine a scenario where I would need something other than c# or f# for the
sort of work I do.