Some years ago, the HR dept wanted a new hire to provide his passport to
prove he had the right visa to work here.
He was OK as a contractor, but when we offered him a perm role, they wanted
more.
That was easy, he just brought in the passport and went up to see them.
I would scan the passport title page and the Oz visa page, share on dropbox
or whatever and send a text message with the link.
OT OT
Interesting that it was only one of my new hires they asked that of, but he
was the clearly overseas one.