Met a woman who told me she had had a C/S for CPD with 1st bub. Had a home
birth with 2nd, who was 2lb heavier.  I believe CPD does occur, but is very
rare.
As with 'fetal distress', also does occur, it's often used for an excuse to
section a woman. We need to accept that sometimes there is a genuine need to
interfere. Looking at the improvement in outcomes for women and babies, and
seeing the awful things happening in the Developing world there is a need
for some obstetric intervention in some cases.  I do agree that our rate of
intervention is far too high, and often have a song and dance about it.