Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:04:30 +0000
Subject: Re: Event Handler Not Firing
From: breen...@gmail.com
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com

Thank you for replying.

Tried those 3 different tools to confirm that the Event Handler is registered
on the Document Library and I can see it with all 3.
With SPM 2007 I can see that it is registered to fire with both ItemAdded and
ItemAdding ... yet it does not fire at all.

Tried rebuilding/retracting/redeploying the solution ... no joy.

Turned off/on Check In/Check Out.

Tried Uploading using the Upload file option.
Tried Saving from Word to the Doc Lib ... nothing seems to trigger it.

The document library is in a Document Center site template.  Does that make any
difference?

I had Approval turned on for new Items but I have tried turning that off and on
and testing whether the Event Handler would fire.

Tried using a different Content Type and tried using the standard "Document"
content type.  Still it does not fire.

When should ItemAdding fire?  (I thought it fired if any new item is created
and it should fire Synchronously before the created item.  Then ItemAdded fires
after Asychronously).