From: paul.no...@ceosyd.catholic.edu.au
To: ozmoss@ozmoss.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:10:05 +1000
Subject: RE: anyone know of a good reliable picture slide show web part?

Fairly broad request. I assume you’ve already done a Google search and not
found what you’re looking for?

Were you after commercial ($$) version, free solution, or source code you can
modify yourself?

Did you want the web part to reference an existing image library and reference
additional list item fields? Were you after a
slick-multimedia-version-with-transtitional-bells-and-whistles-on-top?

The SilverLight SlideShow web part probably covers all those bases. But the
downside with any plugin reliance is that the end user will need to download it
if they don’t already have it installed.

http://www.sharepointevolved.com/Pages/Slideshow.aspx

If you’re happy to go with a lighter solution, these may also apply:

http://weblogs.asp.net/wesleybakker/archive/2008/12/16/sharepoint-slideshow-webpart.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA011233351033.aspx

Regards,

Paul