From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Nigel Hertz
Sent: Monday, 27 September 2010 2:25 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Programmatically creating subsites (MOSS)

Hey all

I know it's possible to create subsites etc programmatically using code similar
to the below:

SPWebApplication webApp = new SPSite("http://MySiteCollection";).WebApplication;
SPSiteCollection siteCollections = webApp.Sites;

SPSite newSiteCollection = siteCollections.Add("sites/Site_Name",
    "Site_Title", "Site_Description", 1033, "STS#0",
    "DOMAIN\\User", "Owner_User_Name", "Owner_Email");

What I would like to know is if anyone is aware of a way to programmatically
create sites in the same manner as the 'stsadm -o createsiteinnewdb' command?

Nigel

Nigel Hertz

Software Developer | Information Technology
Stockland
Level 25 | 133 Castlereagh Street | Sydney NSW 2000
T: 02 9035 2617 | F: 02 8988 2617