From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Paul Noone
Sent: Monday, 7 March 2011 3:00 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Encode XSL field value

Hi all,

I've customised a list form with a form button that redirects to a new form
where it pre-populates the Title field using the value supplied in the query
string. Problem is users want to be able to use illegal characters in the title
field!

Can someone tell me how I can encode my Title field for this purpose?

<input type="button"
value="Enquire Now"
name="btnFormAction"
onclick="window.location.href='../Apply/Apply.aspx?title={@Title}'; return
false;"
/>

I'm assuming I need to create another variable that holds the encoded value but
not sure of the best method.

<xsl:variable name="title2">
     <xsl:value-of select="@Title" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:copy-of select="$title2" />

Then use that in my query string:

window.location.href='../Apply/Apply.aspx?title={$title2}'

But I can't seem to get this working as expected. Maybe the order or placement
in the template? : \

Kind regards,

Paul Noone

Online Developer/SharePoint Administrator
Information Communication and Technology
Catholic Education Office, Sydney
p: (02) 9568 8461
f: (02) 9568 8483
e: paul.no...@ceosyd.catholic.edu.au<mailto:paul.no...@ceosyd.catholic.edu.au>