I'm having an issue with a custom field that I've created.  It is a MultiColumn
field that renders a list of names taken from a BDC.  The problem I have is
when I add the column to a Document library I get the following message appear.

"This field type cannot be edited from most client programs and might block the
programs from saving documents to this library."

When I create a new document in the library the Doc panel displays the control
but is greyed out and says "Edit property on server". I've set the
"AllowBaseTypeRendering" property to True and the "ParentType" property is
MultiColumn in my fieldtypes.xml as suggested in several Google posts but this
hasn't made any difference. The field seems to work fine when added to a List.

Has anybody been able to resolve this problem using a DropDown? Could it be
because Word doesn't recognise dropdowns as MultiColumns ?

Thanks

Paul

The  information  transmitted  by  this e-mail is intended only
for the addressee  and  may  contain  confidential  and/or
privileged material. Any interception, review, retransmission,
dissemination, or  other  use of, or taking of any action upon
this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited by law and may subject them
to criminal or civil liability.
Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal
and not those of HomeStart or the South Australian Government.
If you received this communication
in error, please contact us immediately at
ad...@homestart.com.au, and delete the communication.