A: 66 Henley Beach Road, Mile End SA 5031
E: paul.tur...@dws.com.au<mailto:paul.tur...@dws.com.au>  W:
www.dws.com.au<http://www.dws.com.au/>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only for
the use of the person to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient you have received this email in error and are requested to delete it
immediately. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be that
of DWS Pty Ltd.
________________________________
From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] on behalf of Nigel
Hertz [nigel.he...@stockland.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2011 10:18 AM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Workflow issues (MOSS 2007)

Morning all

We’ve got an email enabled document library with a very simple workflow
attached to it. The workflow is set to start on item creation, and works fine
if you manually add an item. If you email an item, the workflow doesn’t start.

We then proceeded to set up a scheduled workflow in the library, set to run at
9am every day. The schedule always fails, with an error saying “Failed on
Start”, and then proceeds to change the ‘next run time’ in the schedule to 11pm
(14 hours after it’s supposed to start) This time behaviour is consistent – if
I change it to run at 9:45am, it ‘fails to start’ and changes the next run time
to 11:45pm.

If we manually run the workflow, it runs without issue.

The email account that sends the file to the document library has contribute
access, and the system account has full control. Also, the person who publishes
the workflow has full control as well.

I’ve read that there was an issue with SP1 that prevented workflows from
starting “on creation” if something was emailed, however we’re running SP2 with
Dec 2010 CU.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Kind Regards,
Nigel Hertz

SharePoint Administrator & Developer, Information Technology
Stockland, Level 25, 133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000
T: +61 2 9035 2617  M: +61 4 0103 4605
F: +61 2 8988 2617   E:  nigel.he...@stockland.com.au
www.stockland.com.au
Before printing this email, please consider the environment.