From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Maxine Harwood
Sent: Tuesday, 14 June 2011 11:45 AM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: default content type

Is this the expected behaviour? SharePoint standard 2010.

I have a library with multiple content types. Whenever an existing document
that was based on the default content type has metadata modified, the content
type is also modified?? It occurs regardless of how the metadata is changed -
i.e. via the properties window or a workflow (Nintex).

As an example , I have a document that was uploaded with the default content
type of ABC. The default content type has recently been changed to XYZ. Any
changes to the document now change the content type to XYZ.

Any suggestions on how to work around this?