Hi there,

I wonder if someone has come across the same issue as I have had over the past
few days with adding users to a site collection - it's mind boggling so bare
with me!

I have a hosted server out in the cloud running SharePoint Foundation 2010.
Users are added to the local user group on the server and they authenticate
using their credentials once they have been added to the site collection.

For some reason, I cannot locate newly created accounts in SharePoint via
people group pick list.

The only way I could see users in the site collection is by logging in as the
user which worked fine since I added nt authority\authenticated users to the
site collection read group. Only then would the user appear in the people/group
pick list and added them to a "all users" SP group that I created.

I have not come across this problem before as I've always been able to find
users once I created a local user account via the server or the http address.

No settings have been changed recently and not sure what is going on.