From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf
Of Paul Noone
Sent: Tuesday, 23 August 2011 11:24 AM
To: ozMOSS (ozmoss@ozmoss.com)
Subject: 2010 service account warning

Hi guys,

We've just installed our 2010 dev farm. All we have done is provision CA, no
services as yet.

We are receiving the following warning:

"Accounts used by application pools or service identities are in the local
machine Administrators group."

The more I look into this, the more perplexed I become. The opinions on
whether the SP_Farm account should be in this group appear divided. But the
fact is that it has to be in order to provision and install services.

So what's the opinion of the list? Do you remove it after provisioning, or
do you leave it where it is??

I'm also seeing a Missing server side dependencies error. I have activated
the SharePoint Server Standard Site Features and  SharePoint Server
Enterprise Site Features for CA. I then re-analysed this rule but it's still
there.

Some online references suggest enabling the Search Server Web Parts parts
but there's no feature matching that name.

Could these messages be appearing simply because we've yet to run the Farm
Config wizard?

Regards,

Paul