From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Paul Noone
Sent: Wednesday, 21 September 2011 11:05 AM
To: ozMOSS (ozmoss@ozmoss.com)
Subject: HELP: Removed local SSL cert from SPApp

Hi all,
We recently had an issue with a certificate expiring for one of our early web
app that had a local cert which was then imported and published through ISA.
The expedient action taken by someone (not me!) was modify IIS directly and
remove the certificate from this app. I then quickly made appropriate changes
to content source URLs, crawl rules and AAM. Browsing, editing, third party web
parts, workflows - are all working as expected and any web requests for HTTP
are correctly redirected.
...except crawling. :(
The site collection root URLs are being successfully crawled via HTTPS but not
anything underneath them.
A sample of the Success, Warning and Error results are below.
https://intranet.au
Crawled
https://intranet.au/docs
Crawled
https://intranet.au/teams/team1
Crawled
https://intranet.au<https://intranet.ceosyd.catholic.edu.au/>
Deleted by the gatherer (The start address or content source that contained
this item was deleted and hence this item was deleted.)
Crawled and then deleted. Why?
http://intranet.au<http://intranet.ceosyd.catholic.edu.au/>
The item could not be accessed on the remote server because its address has an
invalid syntax.
http://intranet.au//docs<http://intranet.au/docs>
Error in the Site Data Web Service.
http://intranet.au//teams/team1<http://intranet.au/teams/team1>
Error in the Site Data Web Service.

Note the double slash at the end of the host name for each site collection.
I simply can't account for this and had assumed the web service would actively
crawl the sites using via the URLs provided. Some digging around in the SSP
config DB suggests otherwise though. It seems that the original HTTPS addresses
are hard-coded in various tables.
Rather than compound an unsupported change with 100s more, is the best course
of action to simply re-issue and apply new local certificate for this
application??
Kind regards,

Paul Noone

Online Developer/SharePoint Administrator
Infrastructure Team, ICT
Catholic Education Office, Sydney
p: (02) 9568 8461
f: (02) 9568 8483