Peter, been there. :)

Apart from Office docs there is often no document template. Things like Pages
and Images use the path to "/_layouts/Upload.aspx".

If you can be more specific I'll check on others for you.

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Peter Milliner
Sent: Thursday, 8 December 2011 12:02 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: SharePoint 2007 content types.

Hello all,

I have just discovered on my SharePoint 2007 site that someone has obviously
changed a template for a content type document and selected the inheritance
option

So now all content types that feed from this have a word document as there
template i.e. pictures, pages etc. etc.  For example when you go new item in
picture library it tries to open a word document.

Does anybody know where I can find a list of all the out of the box content
types and associated templates.

Thankyou
Peter Milliner
SharePoint (BRITNET)