Hi Nigel,

Are you saying the RegistrationID is case-sensitive, or that it simply doesn't
work when lower case letters are present?

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Nigel Witherdin
Sent: Friday, 20 January 2012 3:13 PM
To: OzMoss
Subject: RE: Content Type Hub - Ct Declarative Customizations

Sometimes working with SharePoint really makes you want to smash your face
repeatedly against a wall!

I finally figured out why my CustomAction was not binding to the content type
being distributed from the hub. The resolution was to make sure that the
"RegistrationId" proprty in the CustomAction element contained only upper case
letters (not some lower ones, like the CreateGuid util produces). After I
changed them to all upper, activating the feature on the subscribing site
collection made the ribbon change for any library that used the content type.

Roll on 5pm, Im ready for a bottle (or three) of red wine.....