From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Ajay
Sent: Friday, 10 February 2012 5:02 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: SharePoint Online

Hi Guys,

I am talking to client to display customers order data from ERP to SharePoint
online.

The orders table has about 15 customers.

I am planning to pull data from ERP to SharePoint list.
If all data is in a single list, what's the best way filter data so when each
of the customer logs in, they see only their orders.

I am thinking to add customers accounts as extranet users, but can also add
them as normal users also if it helps.

Is there any way, by which I can identify customers with their orders.
I am looking at the Additional details when we create a new user, can I add the
customer name in the department column and then when people login use the
company name stored in the user settings to filter with company name in the
SharePoint list.

Another option:

Create 15 create lists one for each customer and remove inheritance and grant
permissions.

Cons:-  I will have 15 lists to synchronize and set up 15 views in ERP, so lot
of work.