Hi Dylan

Welcome to the list. First, and probably the most important question -
SharePoint 2010 or MOSS 2007?   :)

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Dylan Tusler
Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2012 2:57 PM
To: 'ozmoss@ozmoss.com'
Subject: Kerberos Pain

Hi, new to list, I've been lurking a short while, but this is driving me crazy
so I'm plunging in.

We have a number of web applications. At one point, almost all of them were
configured to use Kerberos (via Authentication Providers under "Manage Web
Applications")

One of them, our main intranet site (Sharepoint 80) is still configured to use
Kerberos and works fine.

None of the other sites now work with Kerberos. I've had to switch them all
gradually back to NTLM authentication. (When using Kerberos, users get asked to
log in all the time, and credentials are rejected after three attempts.)

There are several sites that use the same app pool identity as Sharepoint 80. I
cannot see any difference between the way the sites that don't work are set up
and the way the site that does work is set up.

What is going on here?

Dylan Tusler
Team Lead Data, Development & Integration
ICTS Branch
Sunshine Coast Regional Council
P 07 5420 8002
dylan.tus...@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au<mailto:dylan.tus...@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au>
A Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre QLD 4560
W www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/>

Please consider the sanity of others before replying to replies to replies to
this email. Sometimes it just makes more sense to pick up the phone.

[https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/email_logos/logo4mailfooter.jpg]<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/>

[https://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/email_logos/facebook_SCC2.png]<https://www.facebook.com/SunshineCoastCouncil>__
 __
To find out more about the Sunshine Coast Council, visit your local office at
Caloundra, Maroochydore, Nambour or Tewantin or visit us online at
www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/> If
correspondence includes personal information, please refer to Council's Privacy
Policy<http://www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au/sitePage.cfm?code=disclaimer>

This email and any attachments are confidential and only for the use of the
addressee. If you have received this email in error you are requested to notify
the sender by return email or contact council on 07 5475 7272, and are
prohibited from forwarding, printing, copying or using it in anyway, in whole
or part. Please note that some council staff utilise Blackberry devices, which
results in information being transmitted overseas prior to delivery of any
communication to the device. In sending an email to Council you are agreeing
that the content of your email may be transmitted overseas.
Any views expressed in this email are the author's, except where the email
makes it clear otherwise. The unauthorised publication of an email and any
attachments generated for the official functions of council is strictly
prohibited. Please note that council is subject to the Right to Information Act
2009 (Qld) and Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).