It's a known issue David, we're solving this currently on the server side.
For performance in our pilot intranet application we put a tilehandler
between the application and the real tiles, we're caching tiles in SQL2008.
>From here it wasn't too hard to detect no-image tiles then recursively fetch
the tile above, resize and crop (and then cache as well).

My understanding is that a fix will be provided for the final release but it
will rely on knowing where the imagery is in advance. Typically this is not
compatible with your custom imagery overlays so it will be interesting to
see the solution in the coming months.

John.

From: ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com
[mailto:ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com] On Behalf Of David Burela
Sent: Thursday, 22 October 2009 11:53 PM
To: ozSilverlight
Subject: Bing map control - Still showing data when you zoom in too far

One issue i have with the bing map control, is that when you zoom in past
the level where there is data, you get the "no image" icon everywhere.

Is there any way to keep the last real data, but still zoom in. Sure it
would be pixelated, but that is preferable over showing nothing

David Burela
Readify | Senior Developer

Suite 206 Nolan Tower | 29 Rakaia Way | Docklands | VIC 3008 | Australia
M: +61 (0)407 363 860 | E: david.bur...@readify.net| W:
<http://www.readify.net/> www.readify.net