Firstly,
People have said i'm just an ex-disgruntled employee of Microsoft the
moment i say something critical about the products. Let me clarify, i
was ALWAYS a disgruntled employee - ex had nothing to do with it :)
hehe..

Secondly,
Executives inside Microsoft are mostly annoying but necessary.
Microsoft will attempt and fail to push us all towards our new HTML5
overlords and its mostly driven by a need to regain some lost ground
due to competitive failures over the past 5 years. Just nod, smile and
give them the "Oh sure, HTML5 huh..good to know" and just keep pushing
out Silverlight / WPF apps. It's one thing to make a declaration of
intent to make HTML5 the new thing, its another to have a shift of
momentum behind it.

I don't honestly think Plug-in friendly developers (Flash or
Silverlight) are quite ready to bend over for a science project like
HTML5. Whether or not Silverlight/WPF can stick it out during this
dark time is something to watch, but in truth there is a method to my
madness as it came from watching how internally we used to react to
the public..  its working kind of :)

Thirdly,
I find listening to Annie "Tomorrow" helps put the entire blog post
into perspective.. kind of connects the experience to the words... Its
really also important to understand that this post was really from the
Marketing/PR team under the name of Bob :) I highly doubt he sat down
infront of his computer and crafted that message. He'd given whomever
the typist at the times some broad strokes in terms of his intended
theme but the rest was written via PR focused friendly wordsmither...
to which i sent emails strongly advising not to do. This is one of
those times where the team should of dug in deep dropped hints around
what Silverlight 5 looked like and really cement the commitment with
actionable items instead of the pledge of commitment speech we've all
heard thousands of times..

eg:
"Silverlight is very important and strategic to Microsoft."  - Really?
what is the strategy then :) ..

Anyway, i shouldn't poke at this .NET hive as i'm going to get stung soon :)