Hello,

I have an intranet site (iis 7.5) that hosts a Silverlight oob application.
The site also hosts a wcf service that is used by the oob application.

I use Windows Authentication, primarily to lock down the wcf service, eg
<authentication mode="Windows" /> in the web.config.

The user lifecycle is like this :

a.  First time they use their browser to navigate to the host web page.
They are prompted for Windows credentials.

b.  User clicks a button that lets them install it oob.

c.  Lets say later the user launch the oob app, I pop up a login window and
use the supplied windows credentials for subsequent wcf calls until they
shut down the app.

This works nicely.

However, when they launch the app I do the standard
App.Current.CheckAndDownloadUpdateAsync() to check for updates.  The problem
is that it doesn't detect updates.

The reason it doesn't detect the update is because of a "401 - Unauthorized:
Access is denied due to invalid credentials" on the xap file I can see in
Fiddler.

This makes perfect sense, I haven't supplied any credentials so why would
IIS allow the user to access the new xap file.

So, my question is, how can I supply credentials to
CheckAndDownloadUpdateAsync()  ?  Or can someone suggest an alternative?

Thank you in advance.

Mikala