Hi,

Based on the last burst of e-mails, there seems to be sufficient
support to make *something* the official P5EE code base and run
with it.  The only official entrant is P5EEx::Blue and the only
consistent developer is me.

However, before we call for a final vote to promote P5EEx::Blue
to the P5EE name space, I seek one further round of input.

 * Why shouldn't the following be used as the starting code
   base for P5EE?

   = Open Interact (Chris Winters)
     http://www.openinteract.org/

   = Bivio OLTP Platform (Rob Nagler)
     http://www.bivio.biz/hm/index

   = Extropia Toolkit (Gunther Birznieks)
     http://www.extropia.com/applications.html

The reason that I am asking this question is that these frameworks
each have a maturity that it will take P5EE a while to reach if we
*start* with a brand new framework.  The problem with starting
with one of these is that they might be so narrowly focused on
web application development that they don't generalize well to
service enterprise application development in general.

Each of these application frameworks is championed by someone who
has at one time been active on this list.  (I might have considered
Metadot, http://www.metadot.net/, except I don't think they are
represented here.)

If I don't get much feedback on this, I will begin evaluating
the above systems in order myself for whether they would make
better starting code bases for P5EE than P5EEx::Blue.

Stephen

P.S. I will follow this with another message trying to refine
     "what it is we are trying to do".