On Tuesday, Nov 26, 2002, at 17:41 Europe/London, Bas A.Schulte wrote:

I did take a look at POE, and still do now and then, but I just don't seem to get it's concepts to actually get something done on top of it. Recently I tried one of the examples on poe.perl.org (http://poe.perl.org/?Poe_cookbook/Web_Server_With_Forking) briefly but it wasn't very fast, even for NOOP requests.
Oh, I meant to also say, if you're struggling with the concepts in POE, try going through my tutorial - only the slides are available, but others have found that the slides clear up some details for them.

http://axkit.org/docs/presentations/tpc2002/poe.axp/poe.pdf

Matt.