Apache::WebMessaging

I am about ready to release an intraserver web-messaging application for
mod_perl.  A brief description of the app follows; I'd like to hear some
comments from the mod_perl/Perl/P5EE community on:

 * is there anything like this already out there?
 * namespace suggestions (if Apache::WebMessaging is undesirable)
 * where and how to integrate it into the p5ee project (e.g.
P5EEx::Blue::Messaging::WebMessaging ?)
 * general comments, questions?

This software was started as a way to deliver automatic server-generated
messages to users of a commercial web application.  It was running on our
production webserver for a few years, so could be deemed "commercial-quality"
(whatever that means.. good or bad?).  It has since been completely rewritten
into a form more suitable for general use in the open-source community.

It has support for attachments and outbound e-mail forwarding (via smtp). It
dynamically generates HTML using CGI.pm, using basic HTML v3 forms for user
interaction.  It is entirely modular and component-oriented, so can easily be
private-labelled or embedded in another application.  The design is fairly
similar to MVC architecture.  It stores messages in a DBMS using DBI, and
attachments on a filesystem with a reference in the database table.  It has an
object-oriented Perl API so message delivery can be triggered from either inside
a running mod_perl server or from a standalone app (e.g. another daemon or a
cron job).  User-to-user messaging is supported through the standard web
interface.

My motives for releasing it open source are:

 * to advocate mod_perl
 * to attract developers to help improve the software, especially
   by adding extensions
   (e.g. inbound SMTP, pgp, gpg, jabber, alternate backing
         stores, interfacing with standard mailbox types:
         mbox, Maildir, etc)

If you want to play with it before I release it to CPAN, you can get a copy
here:

 http://adiraj.org/sw/Apache-WebMessaging/Apache-WebMessaging-0.80pre1.tar.gz

TIA for any comments,
 -Adi