Hi,

I haven't sent anything out through the P5EE mailing list in a couple of years.
I'm using it now to raise a related issue.

"Cloud Computing" has arisen as a powerful new paradigm (and buzzword) [1].
So here are my questions for discussion.

  1. Does anyone know if anyone in the Perl community is working with Google
      to get Perl certified for use in Google App Engine? [2]
      (It currently only supports Python.)

  2. If I were going to try to organize a project ("Cloud Computing on Perl"),
     are there others who would like to participate? (I would imagine that such
     a project would address a variety of cloud computing platforms [3] [4]
     including Free Software DIY clouds.)

  3. If I were organizing this, does anyone have any particular people/projects
      with a vested interest to suggest that I should coordinate this with?

Stephen

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing
[2] http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/whatisgoogleappengine.html
[3] http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?node=201590011