Hi leonardo,

there is no need for the PF machine to be publicly reachable. But it should
have a proper dns name / domain and valid certificates issued to that name
(or at least certificates that the client, the laptop pc, can trust.)

If this is a use case with google-for-education domains, then you could use
the LDAP authentication.

now, if you dont care about the google usernames (meaning, any user with a
google account, not just your school / company) then yes, the google-oauth
path should work.

I was using it in several deployments but stopped (and switched to the
secure LDAP) because of the browser restrictions.

so yes, the certificate is mandatory. It needs to be trusted by the
browser, so given you're looking at using this with "guests", then yes, you
would have to buy a domain or at least a certificate for a host in a domain
already owned. In this case, the certificate would be for "
pf.mycompanyname.com"  or something like that

cheers