most of the defaults should work. For the username Attribute, 'uid'
should work.

when you click on the "test" button for the bindDn and password, does it
work?

make sure the ldap service is enabled as well (not just the credentials
generated). Its quite annoying as its not readily evident you
havent enabled the service

[image: image.png]

Also, using "stunnel" (for certificate-based SSL tunneling to google)  and
an ldap browser such as "jExplorer"  you can test and see if you can browse
the ldap tree, make sure the credentials are ok, etc..

The bindDN is "just" the username, like "jdoe"

but the BaseDN needs to have the prefix "ou=Users" such as the following:

ou=Users,dc=myschool,dc=edu,dc=ar

cheers!