Hello Padre Dev Team,

I reviewed the prerelease checklist (
http://padre.perlide.org/pre-release-checklist.html) and release (
http://padre.perlide.org/release.html ) page for Padre and here are some
things I need to know before I start a release.

1- I need access to Padre distribution via PAUSE so I can upload the new
release of Padre. ( my pause account is ITCHARLIE )

2- What version number I should setup for this release?

3-  In the past Padre was released via svn and now we are using Github.
Should we follow the same procedure and create a branch for every release
moving forward or can we just the tag github with a release version ?

4-  There are tools ( i.e tools/release.pl ) that were executed before a
distribution was uploaded to CPAN and so far it seems like the only
relevant scripts to run from tools repo is ( tidy_project.pl and
update_version_number.pl ) is my assumption correct?

5- As far as testing goes. I can only test with a windows 7 machine and a
linux box running Ubuntu. Is testing on these 2 environments sufficient ?

6- After performing this release. how can we determine when to have another
release?

For #3 I would prefer tagging since developers will be creating pull
requests against Padre and most pull requests will be merged against master
branch anyways.

Charlie Gonzalez
(E) itchar...@gmail.com
Github Profile <https://github.com/itcharlie>