On Fri 17 July 2009 3:28:09 pm Dmitry Grinberg wrote:
> they forgot the last part
>
> "oh and thanks for letting us walk all over you and marginalize you
> over the 2-3 year long EOL period of PalmOS, please allow us to
> continue this now by giving you a javascript-only SDKs that does not
> even allow you to distribute your apps outside of our 100%-controlled
> appstore"

BUT Apple is perfect in this respect and we should all spread love for them
and hate on Palm like we were three weeks ago, right? ...right?
Times change. Were developers mad when DOS was killed off for Windows? It's
progress... If you don't want to do JS, then hack on the Pre from a rooted
device, and have some fun in good ole GNU/Linux. Or find a different mailing
list to go to and a new development system to develop on.
If you don't like the "100% Palm controlled appstore", you could always
develop for iPhone, on the off chance that you own a Mac. Oh wait... hm... You
NEED a Mac PC AND you can still only redistribute in the iPhone apps store.
Way to go for bashing Palm again, guys.
Or you could release your apps as obfuscated source, or powered mostly by a
backend, and let people compile things for their 'testing environment' and
legally sideload them.

Just because webOS killed your market for hacks, Dmitry, doesn't mean that it
is a worthless platform, or anything like that. The guys at Palm did a heck of
a job on mojo, and just because it's OMGNOWTF JAVASCRIPT SUX LOL doesn't make
it any less of a platform than the ObjC iCrap or Java Android application
suites.

Ryan

---
Ryan Rix
(623)-826-0051

<igor> Hah! we have 2 Johnie Ingrams in the channel :)
<igor> Hey all btw :)

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonale...@gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonale...@yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  phrkon...@irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.