My 2 cents of wisdom on the digitizers:

In my company we replace several dozens of them per day. And if we look at the
manufacturing date we find that >90% of defect digitizers date from Q3/2007
till August 2008 (end of production). Just today I saw a device from early 2008
that was RMA-ed in late 2008, got a new digitizer from Palm and now is sent
back to us to get its 3rd one! On the other hand we get devices from 2005/2006
that just need a new battery with the digi being still 100% accurate.

To me Palm have become more and more negligent on quality management in the
last years of Tungsten/Zire production. That had cost them a lot of goodwill in
our customer base. Initially our customers viewed Palm PDAs high quality,
durable goods (in fact many of them had bought a Palm V, M515 e.a. before and
those were still working after 3-5 years).

As of today I still see demand for a EUR 150/USD 200 PDA that does not carry
the additional cost and functionality overhead of a phone. However the global
volume is certainly way too low to justify new development for a listed company
like Palm. Hadn't they continuously shot themself in the foot (and they did so
on any occasion, HW- and SW-wise) they might still be milking a small but
profitable cash-cow.

Harry

Or you could import replacement digitizers from China, and fit them instead.
That is much cheaper than PowerDigi, even for a 480 x 320 display.