I have a "Root" object which our system's only global pointer and is used to
access all parts of our handheld framework.  It's then easy to store a
pointer to this class in a feature, then use it in any shared libraries.  I
suppose I could pass it as an argument to the shared library, but I felt
that using a feature to pass it provided better backwards/forwards
compatibility if I decide to pass different data down the track.

On 10 March 2010 04:04, Doug Reeder <reeder...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Easily access globals? No.  But either a shared library or a gLib can
> access storage used by the main app, if you pass it a pointer.
>

> On Mar 9, 2010, at 7:13 AM, Luc Le Blanc wrote:
>
>  I'll rephrase my question: in order to save space for users with low-end
>> devices, how can I put optional features into another PRC that could still
>> easily access globals from the main PRC?
>>
>> Is a code library a good option?
>>

>> Luc Le Blanc
>> http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga
>> --