I compile my C code in C++ mode under CW 9.3, among other things to
take advantage of optional arguments. They work most of the time,
but sometimes, in the same project, the compiler denies this use,
saying I'm using illegal default arguments. Yet I put this (only one) optional
argument at the end of the argument list, and I have no other proc of the same
name. What can be wrong?

Here's one that works:

Boolean VFSTransfer( FormPtr form, Char *cave, UInt32 type, Boolean *overwrite
= NULL );

And one that doesn't:

void DisplayMapInfo( UInt16 type, UInt16 previous = 0 );

Luc Le Blanc
http://www.speleo.qc.ca/Auriga