At 12:48 PM -0600 2002/03/05, Scott Newell wrote:
>With the Kadak licensing restrictions gone, dare we hope for some
>access to the kernel in OS 5?

What kind of access? It's not as if we've suddenly made Palm OS 5 fully multi-tasking
or anything like that. All the same restrictions regarding creation of additional
tasks, timers, etc. still exist. So, I think the answer to your question is no. But,
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

Support for additional background threads, timers, etc. is being added in a future
version of the Palm OS. However, in v5 we thought it better not to bite off more than
we could chew. ;o)

Regards,

Jim Schram
PalmSource Inc.