On 4 Feb 2005 at 11:45, Augusto Flavio wrote:

> Good morning,
>

> Are you saying to me that i can't compile a module
> (extension .pm)? I'm look a method to compile my
> module(.pm). Can i do this with the pp?
>
> Have some way to obfuscate the code of a module?

The purpose of PAR is to create a standalone executable program, from a script
and all
of it's required modules. It does not compile individual files in the classic
meaning
of compiling binary code. It packages files together (creates a "compilation"
of
files).

Running:

        pp -o compiled.pm module.pm

will not create something that will allow you to:

        use compiled;

in another Perl script. The output of "pp -o" is a standalone executable
program. You
can use pp to compile your entire cgi script as a .exe, which will then include
module.pm:

        pp -o my_cgi.exe my_cgi_script.pl

Also, if you really want obfuscation, you need to use a PAR obfuscation filter,
like:

        pp -f Bleach

or:

        pp -f Bytecode

By default, PAR packages can be read with any zip file utility. Even so,
obfuscation
only slows down the determined hacker. It won't stop him.

Alan Stewart