On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 10:25:39 +0200
Roderich Schupp <roderich.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> PAR::Packer also uses a set of rules for those
> Perl modules where static analysis - for some reason or other - is
> known to produce incomplete dependency information. They're actually
> in Module::ScanDeps, see %Preload.

Ah, interesting. Unfortunately I do not see a method to add entries to this
list.

> But adding static rules, e.g.. for
> Wx, won't help, since shared libs are named differently on different
> OSes, may contain changing version numbers in their names etc.

This is where Alien::wxWidgets is for.

For example, when I "use Wx", this requires the components base, core and
adv. Wx::AUI requires component aui, which implies base and core.
Wx::Richtext requires net, html, xml and richtext.
Alien::wxWidgets->shared_libraries translates the components into shared
library names.

See attachment.

> Maybe you could post them to the mailing list, as a starting point for
> others with the same problem?

See attachment.

> > It would be helpful if pp supported a command line option to set the
> > search/load path for libraries. Under Linux I can set LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
> > Windows requires PATH, not very convenient.
>
> Such a command line option for pp is impossible as it would need to be
> implemented in the executable myldr/boot which is generated when you
> build PAR::Packer.

Maybe I misformulated. I did mean static lookup during pack time, not
run-time. In other words, assuming a hypothetical "-L" option:

  -L/opt/citrus/lib/Alien/wxWidgets/gtk_2_8_12_uni/lib/
  -llibwx_baseu-2.8.so
  -llibwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so

this would be equivalent to:

  -l/opt/citrus/lib/Alien/wxWidgets/gtk_2_8_12_uni/lib/libwx_baseu-2.8.so
  -l/opt/citrus/lib/Alien/wxWidgets/gtk_2_8_12_uni/lib/libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so

except the latter is much less friendly, in particular when -L can be set
on the command line while the -l lines come from an @file .

-- Johan