Mon Sep 19 08:23:27 2016: Request 117955 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: Module-ScanDeps
     Subject: LICENSE does not agree with lib/Module/ScanDeps.pm
   Broken in: 1.22
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: jples...@redhat.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=117955 >

Am 2016-09-19 05:55:44, jplesnik schrieb:
> Module-ScanDeps-1.22 has weird license declaration. While LICENSE file
> quotes Artistic 2.0 license, lib/Module/ScanDeps.pm  (and other
> module) files declares "same terms as Perl itself" and that means GPL+
> or Artistic 1 (see http://dev.perl.org/licenses/).
>
> The current wordings implies that lib/Module/ScanDeps.pm (and other
> module) files are covered by GPL+ or Artistic 1 licenses and the other
> files like wip/scan_dlls.pl are covered by Artistic 2.0 license.
>
> Is that really what the author wants?

Who knows? I'm just the maintainer, not the original author.
There was no separate LICENSE file until I moved Module::ScanDeps, PAR and
PAR::Packer to GitHub. I agree that I picked the wrong LICENSE with
the current "Artistic 2.0".
What do you think about something like

  https://github.com/libwww-perl/libwww-perl/blob/master/LICENSE

(without "This software is copyright (c) 1995 by Gisle Aas.", obviously).

Note that the wording

  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  under the same terms as Perl itself.

  See L<http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html>

in the source (and original README) is already ambiguous, as the given
link (nowadays) points to "Artistic 1.0", NOT to Larry Wall's
original statement (as given in http://dev.perl.org/licenses/).

Cheers, Roderich