Wed Dec 14 11:18:22 2016: Request 119224 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by c...@factset.com
       Queue: PAR
     Subject: RE: [rt.cpan.org #119224] Issue about Can't locate loadable
object for module
   Broken in: 1.013
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: RSCHUPP
  Requestors: c...@factset.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=119224 >

No, I ran it on new machine, I guess if your test script is able to locate the
share library somewhere in your system it could still pass your test.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Chenchen

-----Original Message-----
From: Roderich Schupp via RT [mailto:bug-par-pac...@rt.cpan.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:14 PM
To: par@perl.org
Subject: [rt.cpan.org #119224] Issue about Can't locate loadable object for
module

Wed Dec 14 11:13:38 2016: Request 119224 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by RSCHUPP
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Issue about Can't locate loadable object for module
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: RSCHUPP
  Requestors: c...@factset.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=119224 >

Thank you both for testing the fix!
I'm going to release a fixed PAR over the weekend.
In hindsight it was a silly idea to "use" anything in PAR/Heavy.pm (esp.
anything that could directly or recursively load an XS module).
After all, PAR/Heavy.pm contains the machinery that allows XSLoader or
DynaLoader to load XS modules from a packed executable or .par archive.

But I'm still puzzled about the fact that PAR::Packer's self test passes (which
packs and runs a variety of simple scripts), but the "hello world"
example bombs out for you (but not on my test systems).
So that we're all on the same page here:
Did you *run* the "hello world" executable on the *same* machine where you
generated it (with pp)?

Cheers, Roderich