Dear all,

this is a bit of a specific problem so please bear with me. I'll try to
go through it in easy steps.

Basically, depending on command line arguments I want my application to
log to different streams (file or stdout mainly).

I can add a logger of my choosing to a 'Transport' instance just fine.

I can add a handler of my choosing to the Transport.logger but then
something strange happens: I get duplicate entries on stdout.

I checked the list of handlers for Transport.logger and it contains only
one handler. When I do not add a handler, the list is empty, but logging
still occurs to stdout.

So I poked around in the sources and saw that logging is done by the
Transport.packetizer as well. Unfortunately, that class' logger is
private so I couldn't check the available handlers there.

Since I couldn't find anywhere in the initialisation order when creating
a Transport instance that would add a handler to the packetizer I guess
something default is being done when importing.

So I guess my question is whether this can be achieved somehow, or
whether it's possible to mirror the handler behaviour to the packetizer.

Thank you for your insights,

Moritz