On Jan 7, 2009 7:21am, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayac...@kitware.com> wrote:
When it comes to images there's whole lot of things to worry about

such as extents, extent translators etc etc. Adding support for

delivering image data in parallel may not be a trivial task.
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe you can point me in the right direction for an alternate solution then? I have a 12-16 gigabyte image dataset that will be loaded by a 64 bit pvserver. I would like to develop a client using paraview as a library to connect this dataset to a client-side image plane widget. The rest of my client is written in pure vtk/Qt so I'm avoiding paraview GUI components to make my journey to 64-bit Qt/Cocoa easier.

Utkarsh

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 1:04 PM, jonathan grimm flym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I write a strategy to make it support 3D Image data?

> Would a vtkImageDataStreamer solve this problem?

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Utkarsh Ayachit

> utkarsh.ayac...@kitware.com> wrote:

>> Look at vtkSMClientDeliveryStrategyProxy::UpdatePipelineInternal()

>> that's where the data type is set on the data-transfer filter. BTW,

>> ClientDeliverRepresentation cannot deliver 3D image data. It can only

>> deliver 2D slices.

>> Utkarsh

>> On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 12:17 PM, jonathan grimm flym...@gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>> > How does the ClientDeliveryRepresentation choose what data type to
send?