Berk Geveci wrote:
> To animate particles in a
> steady-state flow field, I'd think that you would generate streamlines
> and then somehow animate particles along those.

this is exactly the technique I use. Generate streamlines. Then
iso-contour the streamline object with the scalar field
"IntegrationTime". Use a single threshold. Then animate the threshold
value. Use Mode=Sequence, get a ramp between minimum time and maximun time.
Use Glyphs (small spheres or arrows) attached to the iso-valued contours
and they will "animate" their position along the streamlines.

Jean
Swiss national Supercomputing Center