From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Christopher Maule-Oatway
Sent: 26 June 2004 17:40
To: PC audio discussion list.
Subject: Re: Listening to BBC Broadcasts With Winamp

Hello Caroline,

Try 'Real Alternative' which you can download from www.whitestick.co.uk.  I
have used it for playing broadcasts from the BBC's website successfully,
though occasionally the player is not recognised for some
reason.  Unfortunately the plug-in for Winamp cannot be used to play the
BBC streams.

There are a number of programs that can be used to record streaming audio
from the internet.  The only one I have used is Goldwave, and that only
very briefly.

Hope this helps.

Christopher

At 15:54 26/06/04 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to be able to listen to BBC broadcasts from the www.bbc.co.uk
>web site, but I understand you can normally only do so with Real Player.  I
>am reluctant to put this player on my PC as I've heard it can try and take
>over from Windows Media Player and Winamp.
>
>I remember hearing that there may be other ways to listen to BBC broadcasts
>rather than using Real Player (a Winamp plug-in, I think, or an alternative
>to Real Player), and I would appreciate any information about these
>alternatives.
>
>Also, is it possible to record streaming audio from the BBC using MP3
Direct

--
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.