Hello, cd quality sound is 16 bit, and 44100 samples. If you're recording in
24 bit at 96 khz, the higher end audio will not be accepted by the lower
cd-quality. Therefore, in order to retain the 24/96 parameters, you may have
to use DVD audio. I'm not exactly sure about this, but there are detailed
instructions and tips if you search on google for the FAQ on taping with
laptops. A sound card with cd-quality sound will do fine, but I have no
experience with recording digitally. I just plug a cord into the sound card
with my source material coming into the line in port on the sound card from
the cord.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew

Tired of HotMail? Try Runbox. 1 gig of storage for a reasonable price.
Use this link as your referral.
http://1362.runbox.com