Have you been in to the Windows Media Player and checked to see if this file with the .asx extension is registered to play there?
Those files are an absolute PITA especially as the stuff from Audible is an encrypted form of this type of format.
----- Original Message ----- From: "TrueBlue & Proud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:34 PM
Subject: file associations.

hi guys, got the following problem in Winamp pro.
I have been trying to run a file with the extension asx in Winamp, but the file just won't play for some reason. I was told on another list to uncheck the asx box in file association in Winamp, and the file would then play in WMP.
It doesn't work, the Winamp program is still trying to play the asx file, although I have unchecked the box as advised.
Any Ideas.
Billy

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.7.0 - Release Date: 17/01/2005

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.302 / Virus Database: 265.7.1 - Release Date: 19/01/2005