The Archos players/recorders, you can download Rockbox and they'll speak the
menus and other info. The Iriver H140 will be accessible and rockbox will be
able to play on it soon. Go to www.rockbox.org for more info.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Samco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 4:14 PM
Subject: MP3 flash player recommendations

Hi, Listers,

I haven't been on the list for a while so don't know if this subject has
been recently covered.

I am looking for a portable flash MP3 player that is relatively
accessible.  I would like it to have a simple way to copy files such as the
MuVo or at least accessible software.  Also having an accessible FM tuner
with capability to record from radio and voice recording features would be
nice.
I would like to hear any and all recommendations for good models or ones to
stay away from.

I have come across these models which seem particularly feature-rich at
under $100:
Creative TravelSound TS350W with built in speakers.
The SanDisk SDMX1512A18 with 512 MB FLASH and FM tuner and recorder.
IRIVER IFP-790T with 256 MB flash and FM tuner and voice recorder
J WIN JXMP129FM with 128 MB flash and FM tuner and voice recorder.

Thanks for sharing your experience & expertise.
Jeff Samco